- Do you always use your DSLR camera on fully automatic settings because you have no idea what the rest of the letters and pictures on the dial mean?
- Do you know what those numbers on the lens mean?
- Do you know what the histogram on your LCD is telling you?
- Do you yearn to get those blurry backgrounds in your photos?
- Do you use your CF/SD card as a storage place?
- Do you back up your pictures? Do you know where they are once backed up?
- Do you have a baby / child / tween / teen / partner / spouse that looks so much better in real life than they do in your photos?
- Do you post really dark, blah photos on Facebook that look nothing like the scene you saw with your own eyes when you pushed that camera button?
Then leave that family at home and come to the Maya’s Eye Photography Mamarazzi class! There you will receive tons of information (digested into an easy-to-understand format) that you can take home and apply to your family photography. Happiness will follow. Or…at least your photos will be better exposed, composed, and loved. Classes will be held in Maya’s studio (1136 7th St. NE, Washington DC 20002). Participants will receive “quick tips” for camera bags and a detailed presentation on capturing better images of the important people in your life. And — despite the name — men are always welcome to attend!
Topics covered include:
- Why Lighting is Key to Good Photos, Even Without a “Nice” Camera
- Exposure (i.e. aperture, shutter speed, ISO and what the buttons on your camera actually do)
$ 105 (includes 2.5 – 3 hour class, camera bag keepers, plus the oh-so-important wine and snacks)
- Saturday, January 25th, 2014: 1-3:30pm
- Saturday, February 1st, 2014: 1-3:30pm
To Sign Up:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your preferred date. Payment must be received in advance to hold your spot (i.e. contacting me and telling me that you’re interested does not qualify as reserving a spot). Payments can be made via check, credit card or PayPal*.
*If paying by check, please make it out to Maya’s Eye Photography and mail it to Maya’s Eye Photography at 1136 7th St. NE, WDC 20002. If by PayPal, please send me (email@example.com) the email address to which I should address the PayPal invoice. If paying by credit card, please call me at 202-670-9470.